Sunday 13 April 2008

You must ask yourself the questions below this picture!












After yesterdays accident some of the questions we should ask ourselves are:
1. Am I a member in Sjöräddningssällskapet?
2. Do I have a VHF with dual frequency?
3. Do I have the education & certificate so I can quickly and properly use my VHF to save time and possibly life?
4. Do I have emergency flares and know how to use them?
4. Is my boat sinkable or does it float if the worst happens?
5. Are my downriggers set so the brake will give wire in the case of a net or bottom structure hazard?
6. Do I have a pair of wire cutters ready so that I can in a flash cut my downrigger wires?
7. Do I have an extra mobile telephone turned on and in a waterproof plastic bag in case I end up in the water suddenly?
8. Are there enough life jackets/ floating overalls for everyone and are they wearing them?
9. Do people know where I am?
10. have you contact with other boats in the same area for safety's sake?
There are many, many other questions we should also ask ourselves!!

See post below if you do not understand what has happened

eXTReMe Tracker

  Copyright © by Team Hooked 2011

Back to TOP